Best for an individual who:
- has income of less than 150% of the poverty level established for Florida;
- needs to discharge certain debts to get a "fresh start"; and
- is willing to have most of their assets (aside from certain exemptions) sold to pay the debtors' creditors.
Best for an individual who:
- has some assets;
- has enough monthly income to payoff most, if not all, of his/her Debts in a period of three to five years; and
- does not want to forfeit his/her assets.
- * * * * *
- Also ideal for the person looking to apply for a Loan Modification or is looking to save an asset from the imminent threat of a Foreclosure.
If you defend the foreclosure case filed against you, you can:
- continue to live in your home during the fight;
- continue to collect rent from investment properties; or
- try to get a loan modification.
Bankruptcy and Real Estate Law Firm Offering Practical and Effective Relief
Why Choose Us?
At the Rivera Law Firm, P.A., we pride ourself in treating each client as an Individual, making every effort in our power to help our clients reach the fresh start they need to start again. There is a stigma associated with the Bankruptcy process, but we understand, and help our clients understand, that just because they lost their job, are going through an illness or even a divorce, doesn't mean that you intentionally don't want to pay your creditors. By understanding this our clients are in a better position to see the bankruptcy as a light at the end of the tunnel.
Our goal is to be able to design, through collective ideas and a result-driven approach, the right strategy to help our clients reach the fresh start everybody deserves.
Once you give us a call, you will notice why we distinguish ourselves from the rest!
Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Bankruptcy is a viable debt relief solution for most people. A Bankruptcy doesn't just make all you debt disappear, some Bankruptcies just set out a plan to pay all your debts in 3 to 5 years. It's just a process provided under federal law that allows individuals, married couples, partnerships, corporations, municipalities, and certain other entities to reorganize or eliminate liability for debts, thereby allowing them either a fresh start or an orderly liquidation.
In order to determine if Bankruptcy is right for you, first you need to ask yourself:
- Do I live paycheck to paycheck?
- Have I had to decide between paying a bill or buying food?
- Is the bank about to foreclose on my home?
- Did I loose my job and have debt but no income?
- Do I suffer from an illness that prevents me from working?
- Are creditors constantly calling me requesting payment?
Although there are limitless questions you could ask yourself to determine if Bankruptcy can help you, if you answered YES to ONE, or more, of these questions, a Bankruptcy might help you greatly!
Which Bankruptcy to file?
You and your attorney will decide!
This is a questions for you and your attorney to decide. Not all cases are the same, so it all depends on your particular circumstances.
Is Bankruptcy the End of the World?
Bankruptcy is only the Beginning!
Bankruptcy is only a tool that can help you get your life back on track, and you do not have to lose everything in the process.
How is Life like after Bankruptcy
No more creditor calls!
Remember a time without creditors calling you? A time when you slept a little better? That is what life after bankruptcy could look like for you.